I’m a linguistics and English language consultant who has been supporting students, businesses, and lifelong learners since 2004.
We all use language every day, but the science of how language works can be a maze of arcane academic theory.
I help learners understand difficult technical concepts through clear examples and plain language.
I provide teaching, support, and consultation in all areas of linguistics and the English language.
- Advanced knowledge of linguistics, including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, field linguistics, historical linguistics, cognitive linguistics, psycholinguistics, language acquisition
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language, including grammar, vocabulary, etymology, word usage, register, and style
- Experience helping students with degree planning, organization, and time management
- A helpful teacher attitude, supporting clients in achieving their goals
- A love of learning and sharing a wide general knowledge of history, geography, culture, philosophy, and science
- M.A. Linguistics, University of Toronto (Thesis: The Representation of Phonological Inventories (Finding Phonemo))
- B.A. Linguistics, University of Toronto, with minors in classical history and music history
- TESL/TEFL certification for English education
- Teaching English (ESL) and tutoring linguistics since 2004