Summit Prep (formerly Ivy Plus)April 2016 - April 2017
Educational Consultant/Private Tutor
- Privately tutored and coached students 1-on-1 for standardized tests such as the New SAT, ACT, GRE, SSAT, ISEE, and more.
- Maintained and recorded lesson summaries, student records, and notable results including grades, exam results, and any significant improvements.
- Taught summer courses ranging from 10 – 15 students for the New SAT and ACT at the elite PINGRY Academy.
- Trained and advised new teachers and tutors on matters ranging from teaching technique to content and material related issues.
- Followed up with parents and students with regards to score results on actual administered exams, interpreted scores and percentiles, and provided guidance on future courses of action.
- Planned and scheduled tutoring sessions directly with clientele, demonstrating both flexibility in rescheduling and promptness in communication.
Self-EmployedSeptember 2010 - present
Professional Test Prep Tutor / Freelance Academic Tutor
- Delivered high-yield tutoring sessions for standardized test prep (SAT, GRE, ACT), high school math (pre-algebra – Calculus BC), English Composition and Writing, and college application essays.
- Created and developed a body of curricula and techniques resulting in score improvements typically ranging from 250 – 600 points on the Old (2400) SAT, 150 – 300 points on the New SAT, 5 – 9 points on the ACT, and 4 – 20 points on the revised GRE.
- Impacted student performance and confidence levels on school exams and consistently raised student’s course averages in school by 1-2 full letter-grades.
- Built Relationships with EMBRACE Tutoring and Marlboro Learning Center, accepting jobs as an independent contractor to tutor students, teach classes, and more.
Online Tutoring CompanyMay 2010 - present
- Instructed students in a wide range of subjects spanning high school math, science, essay composition, and test prep.
- Maintained premier rank in search engine results within a 40-mile radius for 5+ years resulting in considerable volume of tutoring requests.
- Ranked nationally as a top 0.5% tutor nationwide in 2014 and a top 100 tutor nationwide in 2015 out of a vast network of 75,000+ tutors. Ranked in the top 20 nationwide out of the same network in 2019.
- Achieved high levels of customer approval and satisfaction as demonstrated by superlative testimonials and lesson ratings left by clientele.
Integrated Educational ServicesJune 2007 - December 2014
- Developed a state-of-the-art content-based curriculum for SAT Math that resulted in improvements on actual SAT scores by 50 – 250 points.
- Engaged students from a diversity of backgrounds, age groups and skill levels in dynamic, interactive classes and workshops for the SAT ranging in size from 4 - 25 students.
- Led and taught fast-paced, high-yield advanced courses for SAT Subject Tests and AP exams in Calculus, Biology and Chemistry.
- Researched and kept abreast of the most up-to-date and relevant materials, methods and resources to ensure the highest standards of instruction