Victoria University of WellingtonFebruary 2018 - present
• Meeting 1-1 with students with a variety of learning needs to facilitate their academic success.
• Determining the issue at hand and looking at what support is needed: ESOL support, stress/anxiety, poor time management, Dyslexia, writing skills, essay structuring, grammar.
• Reception work: answering emails and phone calls, data entry, directing student enquiries, managing appointment bookings.
Multicultural Learning and Support ServicesFebruary 2018 - July 2019
Homework Club Tutor
• Facilitating academic success and English language learning for students from refugee backgrounds.
• Promoting community engagement and celebration of diversity; encouraging students to invite their friends from school and family to participate with them at homework club.
• High level of cultural awareness and recognition of student needs.
• Boosting confidence and inclusion through group activities, games, and peer collaboration.
• Promoting bicultural learning within the classroom: teaching te reo Māori, learning about NZ customs.
IDEA ServicesMarch 2017 - October 2017
Mental Health Support Worker
• Facilitating independence for individuals with intellectual disabilities, including: autism spectrum disorder, Down syndrome, severe intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, behavioural issues, abuse, trauma and neglect, schizophrenia.
• Collaborating with family to manage expectations. Ensuring an ecological approach to care was adopted within the home and in the community.
Number Works 'n' WordsJuly 2014 - October 2017
Senior English Tutor
• Taught and planned personalised English lessons, boosting student confidence and achievement. Created a strengths-based learning environment.
• Worked with children years 1 to 13. Learning needs included: dyslexia, autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, visual impairments, hearing impairments, behavioural issues. Under-achievers, under-confident children, and under-extended children.
• Writing up regular progress updates, in collaboration with parents, teachers, assessment data, co-workers, and managers, to ensure successful outcomes for the student.
Bennett School of Ballet and JazzSeptember 2013 - December 2016
• Following a teaching framework to deliver dance lessons to 3-5 year olds.
• Inspiring children of all abilities to express themselves through dance within a vibrant learning environment.
• Adapting the class to support diverse needs, including: hearing impairments, physical disabilities, English as a second language.