Our Own High SchoolSeptember 2015 - June 2019
• Responsible for the coordination of Science activities across the Primary School level.
• Designed and reviewed annual scheme of work, curriculum development, resources, methods and teaching-learning in liaison with subordinates and senior management.
• Taught students in Primary and Middle School using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual aids, learning applications (such as Padlet, Microsoft One Note, Plickers, QR code, Kahoot, Mentimeter, NearPod, Socrative, GoFormative etc.) and field study with focus on making relevant life connections and cross-curricular links.
• Executed STEM sessions to enable students to develop logical and analytical skills with focus on creative thinking and problem-based learning.
• Audited and reviewed other GEMS schools to identify, analyze and communicate strengths and areas of improvement.
• Actively involved in recruiting teachers as well as mentoring colleagues on ‘best teaching practices’ to maximize teaching-learning experiences for students.
• Responsible for planned and unplanned lesson observations and for scrutiny of work samples to provide constructive feedback on the areas of improvement.
• Elected as SEND mentor for 2017-2018 to plan inclusive teaching strategies and aid students with special needs and/or gifted and talented abilities to achieve learning goals and outcomes.
• Certified in professional development courses such as Microsoft Innovative Educator, Assessment, teaching of 21st century skills, Risk assessment for International school, Safer recruitment for International schools, Health and safety of children, First Aid essentials, Fire and safety in International Schools.
Persistent Systems LimitedJuly 2013 - July 2015
• Responsible for data scoping and building biological networks using existing biomedical literature and data from public databases.
• Published a research paper in collaboration with colleagues titled- ‘Network analyses based on comprehensive molecular interaction maps reveal robust control structures in yeast stress response pathways (2016)’ PMCID: PMC5516916 , PMID: 28725465 ; NPJ Syst Biol Appl. 2016; 2: 15018.
• Involved directly in client engagement and interaction to understand client requirement for system biology projects.
• Engaged in technical writing for research articles, analysis reports, user’s guide, project proposals to communicate research techniques and findings etc.
• Part of quality analysis team to conduct domain checks for the in-house next-generation sequencing application with focus on improving user experience. Domain expertise provided would further lead to review, planning and conceptualization of various functionalities in the software application.